Thursday, June 28, 2018

Mommy Fail 212 Trusting my toddler with snacks

Mommy Fail 212 Trusting my toddler with snacks


I know Im starting to sound like a broken record, but life has been busy.  Chaotic, actually.  Ive been telling myself, "just another week or two and it will slow down."  Then a week or two goes by, and I tell myself "next month will be better.  Well have a better handle on everything."

You know what,  folks?  Thats a load of crap.  Its never going to slow down, and Im never going to get a better handle on everything.  The truth is that I used to be better at just accepting the chaos and going with it.

I was looking back at my blog posts over the past year or so, and I really like some of the things I was writing.  One of the things Ive missed are my "Mommy Fail" moments.  Theyre a prime example of reveling in the chaos instead of fighting and resenting it. So, Im bringing them back.

Mommy Fail #212: This weekend, I was in the middle of doing something important when my toddler started pestering me for a snack.  In frustration, I went to the cupboard, pulled out a box of crackers, and handed it to him, and then  I went back to what I was doing.

A few minutes later, I checked in to see how he was enjoying his snack.  And...it was gone.  I dont mean the crackers, I mean the whole box.  Ive searched high and low, but I finally had to accept the fact that theres an entire box of Wheat Thins missing somewhere in the house.  Thats what I get for trusting my toddler with snacks...lesson learned.

What about you? Do you have any good Mommy Fail (or Daddy Fail or Life in General Fail) moments?

visit link download