Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Snowy Sparkly

Snowy Sparkly


I have some Christmas cards to share today using some new goodies that I picked up at a newly discovered craft shop yesterday...we stumbled upon it by accident yesterday, and it was a real treasure trove! Among the items I bought was a set of Tim Holtz/Sizzix snowflake dies...I cut all of the snowflakes from snippets of plain white card...then coated them with Versamark Ink, and heat embossed them using some new embossing powders (Vintage Peacock & Under the Sea by WOW). I layered up the snowflakes using 3D foam pads, and then used them to make a couple of clean & simple DL cards. I used the offcut of card from trimming down the A4 card to make the card blank as a background for the snowflakes...distressing the edges a little, and piercing some holes using one of my CutterBee Bugs. I added a Lili of the Valley sentiment, and then matted those on to some co-ordinating coloured card.


Its a really dull day here...but you can just about make out the pretty sparkle of the embossing powders on the snowflakes:



Challenges for these cards:
  • Corrosive - Anything Goes
  • Craftaholics R Us - Anything Goes
  • Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
  • Crafting with Friends - Anything Goes
  • Crafty Catz - Anything Goes
  • Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas - Anything Goes
  • Cute Card Thursday - Snowflakes
  • Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
  • Little Miss Muffet - Anything Goes
  • Pixies Snippets Playground - Use Snippets


visit link download