Tuesday, June 26, 2018

DIY Eucalyptus Yoga Mat Cleaner Freshener Easy Gifts Ideas on a Budget Part 6

DIY Eucalyptus Yoga Mat Cleaner Freshener Easy Gifts Ideas on a Budget Part 6


I decided, at the last minute, to add this Eucalyptus yoga mash freshener for my sister and sister-in-laws spa basket. I know it isnt a perfect fit with bath salts etc., but if you have ever had a smelly yoga mat before, you might appreciate this. Both my sisters love yoga and I thought this might be well liked. Plus, it took no effort and I had all the ingredients on hand... both are great things when making gifts!

In case you are new to this series, here is my running list of spa related items I making (and sharing with you):
  • Lavender bath salt ($2) DONE
  • Lavender sugar scrub ($2.50) DONE
  • Lavender scented wax cubes ($0.50) DONE
  • Spa towel ($7)
  • Lavender scented Catalytic Lamp oil (you know like Lampe Berger oil) ($2.50) DONE
  • Lavender linen water ($1.50) DONE
  • Eucalyptus Yoga Mat spray/cleaner ($0.50) DONE
If you have not heard of Yoga Mat cleaners/fresheners, well all they really are is a spray that has antibacterial qualities(since eucalyptus is antibacterial) that freshen and clean your yoga mat. You simple give you mat a spritz and wipe it down. You can use other essential oils that are also antibacterial for this recipe; I have hear lavender is antibacterial as well, but I really wanted to use eucalyptus for this one. 


I have seen these little spray bottle being sold for around $10 at a local yoga studio. I am not sure the ingredients in those ones, but mine cost my around $0.50 to make and I know they dont have any chemicals. Perfect!

Materials Needed:

  • 6 tablespoons Vinegar
  • 2 tablespoon Distilled Water
  • 20-30 drops Eucalyptus essential oil (or lavender)
  • Small spray bottle (My bottle was in a travel pack of 3 from the Dollar store)
Note: If you want to do a large batch of this,  you can use the recipe as 3 parts vinegar to 1 part water and add essential oil to your personal preference.
    Mix the vinegar and essential oil together in the little spray bottle. Add the distilled water and you are done!
    To clean your mat:
    1. Spray the cleaner liberally over the surface of your mat.
    2. Wipe with a damp cloth or sponge.
    3. When the cleaner has been removed, buff the mat with a soft dry cloth.
    4. Repeat on the other side.
    5. Allow your mat to air dry.

    Has anyone ever used a yoga mat spray like this before? Have you ever made your own?

    Merry Christmas everyone.
    Stephanie

    visit link download