Thursday, August 30, 2018

DIY Scented Effusion Oil Easy Gifts on a Budget Part 4

DIY Scented Effusion Oil Easy Gifts on a Budget Part 4


I have had and loved my Lampe Berger for many years(although I always spell it wrong and put a t at the end..even on my label). In fact, I love it so much I have two of them. One is pretty and sits on my shelf as decoration (I do use it) and the other is plain but get used very frequently. Both have different scents in them so I dont have to change the scents.
If you have not heard of a Lampe Berger, perhaps you know it as a fragrance lamp, effusion lamp or catalytic lamp. It doesnt matter what yours is called, if you have used one you know it is the best way to clean smells out of your house. In fact the reason I purchased my first one was that someone burnt something in my previous house so badly it was filled with smoke. We were about to put our house on the market to sell it, so I had to find a way to remove the smell and fast. After a lot of research and glowing reviews for them, I purchased my first Lampe Berger.

Well now everyone in my family now has one and I thought I might be able to add this to my Christmas spa baskets. In case you are new to this series, here is my running list of spa related items I making (and sharing with you):
  • Lavender bath salt ($2) DONE
  • Lavender sugar scrub ($2.50) DONE
  • Lavender scented wax cubes ($0.50) DONE
  • Spa towel ($7)
  • Lavender scented Catalytic Lamp oil (you know like Lampe Berger oil) ($2.50) DONE
  • Lavender linen water ($1.50)
  • Lavender reed diffuser (Not done yet so I dont have an approximate cost)
I found a few different recipes to make your own oils for a very reasonable price and ended up using this one from Christys Thrifty Decorating. Lampe Berger oils are very pricey and a small bottle will run around $25. Note that Lampe Berger states you should only use their oils within their candles. Similar to my wax cubes I posted, it is up to you if you are willing to void a warranty to save money by making your own scents.

So to go along with my spa basket, I made a few different scents for the oils. I made a Lavender (of course), a Fir scent to burn during Christmas time and an Orange scent. I am a huge fan of anything scented orange but I dont find it really strong enough in this recipe. I did love the Fir version.

 Materials:

  • 16 oz or 473ml of Isopropyl alcohol (91% or higher)
  • 1 tablespoon Essential oil
  • 1 tablespoon distilled water

Method:

Remove 2 tablespoons of alcohol from the jar.You can purchase this from Walmart, drug stores, etc for usually under $2.

If you are making a few of these, save the alcohol and you can make a small batch with all the 2tbsp. This is to make room in the bottle for the 2 tablespoons of liquid you will be adding. So if there is a lot of room at the top of the bottle, you dont have to do this.

Add 1 tablespoon of distilled water and 1 tablespoon of the essential oil scent you want the the bottle of Isopropyl alcohol.

That is it! It really is that easy.

If you want to decorate the bottle, remember to be careful about covering over the warning labels. I decided to cover mine but I did not secure it so it can easily be removed after it is given as a gift.

I added this to my growing stash of home made spa items.
The spa gift items are starting to really look nice. I worried it would not be enough, do you know what I mean...I just hoped it wouldnt look like a few items thrown into a basket. But I am really feeling happy with this theme and loving the cost!

Up next, Lavender linen water!

Stephanie

visit link download