Tuesday, August 28, 2018

The never ending cliffhanger Thats my blog

The never ending cliffhanger Thats my blog


I have this bad habit of bringing up subjects and then never mentioning them again.  Sometimes, I even promise an update and then leave you hanging...for months.

But youre in luck!  I bring you: Updates About Things You Didnt Know You Cared About!

First off, night-weaning.  Do you remember when that started?  I sure do...cuz it was my birthday.

Hows that going?  Im glad you asked!  Its going...decently.  It was going great for a couple weeks.  Then Little Spaghetti got sick, and I got lazy felt bad for him, so I let him nurse in the night.  Big mistake! He was worse than ever.  So I got back to it, and within a couple days we pretty much had it licked.  Im happy to report that I am no longer nursing my one-year-old like a newborn!

Dont get me started on the sleeping, though.  The chronicles continue...

Next up: My husbands inability to put dishes in the sink.  Or the dishwasher.  I know youre DYING to know if my lovely note worked.  The answer is yes...for the most part.  There are still bad days, but for the most part, he now gets the dishes at least into the sink. 

It wasnt going that well until one day when one of "the guys" was coming over to help him do some work in the yard.  He made me put the note away so as not to embarrass him, and I think it was the guilt that did him in.  After that, he was much better about it.

The notes still tucked in a drawer in the kitchen, just in case I start to see dishes pile up on the counter.  But weve had an unexpected turn of events...and I, apparently, should have made the note apply more broadly than just the dishes.  Because now we have a problem with other things on the counter.  Like my husbands dirty socks.


And finally, there was this time six months ago when I promised to show you the fruits of my renovating labors when I started painting our sunroom.  I wish I could say that I just forgot to do post about it, but the truth is that it took me all six months to finally be done painting and redecorating the room.  But, here are the results.

We went from this:

To this:

 And here are some more pictures of the room, just because I love it so much!

We use the cool hutch as our bar: To store all our booze!
I LOVE having my morning tea at this table.
 Ive got a thing for birdcages lately.
I reupholstered this chair all by myself.  Not to shabby for an amateur.
Ive got a couple herb gardens in the windows.
The color - soothing green tea - was feeling a little bold as we put it up on the walls, but now that all the furniture is in, I cant imagine a better color.  Seriously, one of my favorite rooms in the house!

And, for the sake of full disclosure, heres the pile of crap I had to move out of that room to photograph it.  I wish it looked more like a room in a decorating magazine all the time...



visit link download